Are you there blog? It’s me, Maddie.
It’s been so long, I forgot my WordPress password.
It’s been so long, I forget how to work my iPad.
It’s been so long that I was worried that I had forgotten how to cook.
I was only reassured after magically dreaming up this recipe. I made it twice just to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.
Sss’uper Easy Bourbon-Miso Pork Chops
-2 Bone in chops
-4 tablespoons honey
-2 tablespoons miso paste
-2 cloves finely chopped garlic
-2 shots Bourbon
– maybe some water
1) pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2) in small sauce pan sauté garlic until fragrant, add Bourbon and let simmer for two minutes, stirring frequently, then add miso and honey, stir often and let reduce. Keep simmering over low heat.
3) brown chops on both sides using a skillet over high heat (2 minutes on each side should do)
4) transfer to baking sheet and cover with 1/3 of the sauce. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through, baste with other 1/3 of the sauce. Do not overlook!
5) when chops are done, finish with remaining sauce and top with crispy red onions or garish of choice.
These were juicy and the sauce is a nice combo of sweet/salty, my all time favourite combo. Also fast!
On account of laziness and circumstance, I apologize for being such a wild non-blogging-flake, but rest assured my undisciplined and non-cooking summer was nothing short of dreamy. I am, however, excited to be back in the kitchen and sharing again this fall. I hope you’ll join me!