Yummy little flavour bombs. Alone, these were delectable. But in tacos? A-mazing. The creme fraiche added some cool and limey tangy-ness.
Also added some of these…
sauteed red peppers with scallions,
brown rice with tomato and cilantro,
and wasabi-lime creme fraiche,
topped with shaved cucumber and more cilantro.
I cheated and used re-fried black beans from a can and store bought tortillas. Nevertheless, a fun and healthy dinner!
- medium scallops, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pat dry fresh or defrosted scallops
- Mix spices in a small bowl
- Dredge scallops in spice mixture and set aside
- In pan, fry scallops with butter on medium-high until opaque and browned on both sides (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Make sure the pan is quite hot before adding the scallops.
- 1 cup fresh sour cream
- the juice of 3/4 of a small, fresh lime
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- wasabi (to taste)
- Mix! This recipe depends entirely on your own preferences for things like heat, sour and saltiness. Play with it to make it perfect for you! I like lots of lime and the wasabi I used was not particularly hot, so I added quite a bit.The idea of the creme fraiche is to cut the heat of the scallops, so perhaps be sparing with the wasabi, or build it slowly.
I’m thrilled to be headed to some of the greatest food cities in the world over the next few weeks including New York, Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin. So standby- more to follow!